Thursday, June 30, 2011

The dinner that wasn't...

Feeling especially inspired and domestic, I set the table with love and care for my family...

The blue napkins instead of paper were laid out, and the white china chargers used under my white Everyday Ware dishes...

Since I am serving fish I went with a subtle beach theme center piece...

My favorite glass wear came out of the cupboard...

Doesn't that look delish??...Broiled fish over a bed of perfectly fluffy white rice, broiled cherry tomatoes from our own garden flavored with thyme, rosemary and basil also from my own garden...A light salad adds just a punch more color to the plate...

Alas the fish had an interesting smell and a rubbery taste so after this initial serving that was photographed, I decided not to serve the fish..Hubby did not care for the herbs on the tomatoes at all and Sara gobbled up her rice and ran off to tend to her "babies' strewn around the front room...So I was left to eat my rice and salad alone...I think later I am going to find a nice icky gooey desert and eat that alone too *Wink*

Blessings Kelsie


Update: I should have mentioned hubby did thank me for the pretty table before I served dinner...Sara well she is 3 and was only interested in blowing out the candle lol.

7 comments:

rosie said...

Kelsie, weren't they impressed by how much trouble you had gone to? I am impressed!! Beautiful...

On Crooked Creek said...

Kelsie,
Beautiful!!! Love your white chargers and everyday dinnerware. The beach theme is stunning! I can just see 'lil Sara blowing out the candle!!! I'll anxiously be awaiting another tablescape in the near future!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

Well, it sure did look beautiful! I can't tell you of how many times I had a gorgeous looking dinner and it ended up to be horrendous, so I feel for you. Still, look at these pictures and know that the setting is absolutely in the WOW factor range. Maybe use the same setting with a Big Mac for the hubby, chicken nuggets for the kids and you can savor all the flavorful tomato/herb goodness.

Carol said...

Looks great sis, some times the best laid plans go hey wire ,just keep trying one day they may become less common and enjoy the finer things done for them by you.

Karen said...

Oh, I'm sorry the meal wasn't what you had hoped for, but the presentation was fabulous! So sweet your husband commented on your hard work, that was very nice of him.

I know how you feel, I made a 21st birthday dinner for my youngest son last night complete with a cake and a new frosting recipe and he was not thrilled..."What is up with this frosting??" Ah, well, I tried!

Boho Farm and Home said...

Isn't that just the way it goes--all the best laid plans! It was so sweet of you to want to bless your family in this way.

Hope you are having a good summer!
xo
Caroline

Anonymous said...

At least it looked good! That's gotta count for something :-)

Have a great 4th of July

~Ron