Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Today the suitcase got a little love...

Oh what a problem to have...the flowers I planted in front of my suitcase got so big and full of blooms I could not see my favorite planter anymore...Plus the mums I had in it were done flowering (for now they will be back in the fall I am sure)...So I careful moved the suitcase out from behind the Zinnia forest...

Transplanted a few plants here and there, removed the mums and replaced them with a gorgeous pink knockout rose added some rescued from the back yard Alyssums and red Snapdragons...and it looks fabulous again...Fabulous enough for a new photoshoot and to be added to the new title banner...

Talking of fabulous...My petunia baskets are still going strong and I just can't get enough of them...is there anything more perfectly country cottage porch than a basket of pink petunia??

AND look...Proof we finally got some rain...

My "Asian Pot" is looking so full and healthy...love it..

And of course what would a walk in the garden be without a few pretty visitors to delight and entertain you...

This guy was so hard to get a photo of, he just did not want to stay still...It is a male Easter Tiger Swallowtail and he measures close to 5.5inches (14cm)

A young Cardinal enjoying the blue house feeder...I love how perfectly it matches our house...Purchased off the shelves of Tractor Supply exactly as is..

Lucy and Ethel are enjoying a forage under the pink bird feeder out in the backyard...Currently poor Chicken Boy Bravo is penned up in the chicken yard and it is the girls turn to be "free range" for awhile...Luckily they can access the chicken coop from the backdoor so they are still safe at night, but not being harassed to the point of not laying by our randy rooster lol....The girls are very happy with the arrangement...Bravo not so much.

So that is the garden visit for this week...Hope you are all getting the rain, sun and free time you need to make your pretty flowers grow..

Blessings Kelsie

Sharing this post for the following parties:
Blooming Tuesday @ http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/
Outdoor Wednesday @ http://www.asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/
Cottage Flora Thursday @ http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/

Flaunt Your Flowers/ Fertilizer Friday @ http://www.tootsietime.com/
Farm Girl Friday @ http://www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.com

24 comments:

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

Gorgeous pictures!!! Isn't life beautiful? And your gardens and paint color and, and, and...it's all so charming and beautiful!!! You obviously have a lot of talent. I'm feeling a bit jealous!! A garden suitcase? I'd take one of those!! :-) I am enjoying reading....

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Your garden is looking lovely.Glad you got some rain! My petunias look pitiful this year.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Everything is looking absolutely beautiful Kelsie. You definately have a green thumb! I am in the middle of putting up pickles, and let me say that I am very thankful for what we have, but I am about pickled out!! Have a great one.

On Crooked Creek said...

Kelsie,
Beautiful planter! I'm so enjoying it's progress and change! Thank you for photographing it for all of us to enjoy, as well!
So glad the "girls" are getting a much needed break from the gentlemen! HA!
Fondly,
Pat

JO said...

love the butterflies shots.

~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~

Darla said...

Looking good around your place. Remember to trim your mums. Today is the last day you are supposed to do that.

Jacque Ferreira said...

This is so much fun for me. I just joined in to "Flora Thursdays" and I am having so much fun discovering all these wonderful new blogs. Your garden looks great, I look forward to snooping around your blog some more and learning about your country home. Happy Gardening ~ Jacque

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Your garden is wonderful!!

I LOVE the suitcase!! How cute!!

Glimpses of Glory said...

Hi Kelsie,

first time visitor from Fishtail cottage and so glad I did visit!

Love your chickens! I want some so badly but we have a free range Siberian Husky lol.

Love the suitcase idea, I don't think I have ever seen that!

thanks!

glimpsesofglory-karen.blogspot.com/

Kerrye said...

Beautiful!

~ I love Tractor Supply almost as much as Hobby Lobby!

http://impossiblecleanliness.blogspot.com

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Hey I have a Lucy and Ethel too... but mine are Rhode Island Reds.... how funny!

Love that suitcase planter... what a clever idea.

~Chris

TexWisGirl said...

just love your garden suitcase!

Beth said...

The suitcase is adorable in the garden! Your porch is charming. I enjoyed my visit today.
Beth

Faith said...

I've enjoyed my visit too...love that suitcase and Lucy & Ethyl how cute...zinnias are loverly...are they perrenials? i should like to try my hand at a few of those..and that suitcase garden...:)

cherry said...

I'm not sure which I like the most the suitcase or Lucy & Ethyl adorable!
Happy Friday & hugs from Savannah, Cherry

Old Time Cindy said...

Okay...I just cracked up laughing over Lucy & Ethel. I'm a 'I Love Lucy' fan. Hopefully, your girls are better behaved than the TV characters.

The Sage Butterfly said...

I absolutely love the idea of planting in the suitcase...brilliant! And it looks as if it has been there for a very long time. Have a good weekend!

Shirley @ The Gardening LIfe said...

I'm not sure if I've seen a Swallowtail butterfly here! This is a beauty!

Behind My Picket Fence said...

You must be a butterfly whisperer - how else would you get them to spread their wings for your photo? Gorgeous pictures!

Kimberly said...

How delightful it all looks!

~~Rhonda said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely garden photos. The suitcase is so cute! And I love the chicklets names. :) ~~Rhonda

Teresa said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I just love your butterfly pictures. I can never seem to get a good butterfly picture.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Lovely garden suitcase! Thanks for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's! xoox, tracie

daisy g said...

Lovely photos. The butterflies must be very happy there!