Sunday, August 8, 2010

Black & White French Country Inspired Bedroom

I wanted to do something special for Mic's room when we moved in to the new house, knowing it will not be long until she leaves the nest. She wanted black & white, I wanted to do something french country and a little girlie....This is what we have got so far....

I still have to make the throw pillows for the bed and finish sewing the trim onto the lamp. The artwork above the bed, not only matches the theme, but is from her graduating seniors wall, making it extra special.

Can you believe it, I MADE CURTAINS....after yrs of making doll clothes, that was A LOT of fabric to deal with...I think they look really cute, and helped to pull the room together..

Though we still have to work on the frames/artwork for the "unseen" wall to the right, it is look much more like a finished room already....But I am thinking I could have gotten away with a larger chandelier...We will see after I add the bed crown...Maybe then the chandelier will not look so lonely on the ceiling.


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi Kelsie,
Your daughter must be very happy with her new look.I love the chandlelier and the curtains look pretty too.

Carolyn