Friday, November 11, 2011

Dream Goats

Many years ago before Farmer Brown AKA Hubby and I were married, we talked about what the future would hold for us...We discussed all the usual things, children, career paths, our expectation of a future together, what country we would live in (he is American, myself Australian) and the logistics of the relocation etc....and of course GOATS....

Just like any other couple preparing to spend a life time together, right??

Of course our discussion about goats was about one day when we retire, it sure would be nice to own a little land and raise a few goats, sheep and potter about our garden enjoying the quiet country life style as we grew old and grey together...

Well seems this dream was closer than we could have ever possibly imagined back in 2000 when we tied the knot...Due to a series of events that started with 9/11 and the impact it had on the airline industry (my husband's chosen field) we found ourselves re-accessing, re-working and by 2004 relocating to a small parcel of land in FL that had been home to more than a few generations of my husband's family...(they homesteaded it in 1896)

Finally in Nov 2009 we had the opportunity to purchase the parcel of land for our very own and we began to build us a little blue house...We moved into the house on May 4th 2010 (Our 10th Wedding anniversary) and then started working on making our long shared dream come true..

This year we purchased our first 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats...and though we have a long way to go, each time I look out my back windows to see these funny little creatures (usually eating) I have to pinch myself....Because these 2 little goats are just the beginning of the dream...

They are our DREAM GOATS...

Blessings Kelsie

Sharing this post at:
Farm Girl Friday @ http://www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/
Potpourri Friday @ http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/
Fall Farm Friends Friday @ http://www.verdefarm.com
Show and Tell Friday @ http://romantichome.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Amanda Lee said...

You know, I have wanted goats for as long as I can remember (and my husband has wanted chickens). They are such fun creatures.

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

Kelsie --- Your husband and you living this beautiful shared dream is incredible. I want goats as well. And there you are with your land and your goats! You made it happen. I'm so happy for your homestead growth!

Lana

dr momi said...

Dream goats....love it.

On Crooked Creek said...

Kelsie,
Congratulations! I adore your story...ah~h~h...who ever thought goats would be so romantic???
Fondly,
Pat

Saun said...

Lucky you.... I told my husband when we retire I would love to have some goats,chickens, ect thanks for sharing....Saun

Saun said...

Lucky you.... I told my husband when we retire I would love to have some goats,chickens, ect thanks for sharing....Saun

charlotte's menagerie said...

Love your post. This is my first year with my ND goats too. I go 2 in March and then a blue-eyed girl and then a couple of weeks ago a blue-eyed buckling. They are a joy.

Karen said...

Awww....dream goats, how sweet! It's just wonderful how all your dreams are coming true. Gives me hope, too!

Anonymous said...

Ummm Kelsie those goats sure look a lot fatter than the photos I saw when you first got them :) are they pregnant lol...
Lorna xxx

Darla said...

What a precious post!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Those are the sweetest goats.

Patty said...

It looks like you're at about the same spot in your goat adventure as we are. We purchased three ND does this summer. Breeding next month. Yahoo! Can't wait for those kids. :) Your girls (human as well as goat)are beautiful! I can't wait to check out your blog some more.

rosie said...

Hi Kelsie, you wanted goats, I wanted cows!! Isn't it great we both got what we wanted, a family and love to go with it!!

Honey at 2805 said...

So happy for you and the goat are lucky getting to live at your place!

Thanks for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

Dreaming said...

Great story. It is so wonderful when you spouse shares all of your dreams and passions.