Thursday, July 28, 2011

And home came the goat...

Despite are rough start to the day, where the trip to go see the goat was canceled due to a certain young lady not doing as she is instructed...After lunch we were back on track and in the car for the hrs drive to Fort White (Yes in my previous post I got the distance wrong...oops) to see the little guy...

His bottle mommy Merry was so sweet and though he is actually fully weened had a bottle made up and waiting so Sara and "Buddy" could bond....She also sent home some goats milk, wormer and other medicine he needs with him and the promise to answer any questions we have in the future...

Anyway no surprise he came home with us...Look at how happy this made Sara...Now how to break the news to them both that he really is not an inside pet...Never mind the fact he is currently in the front room watching Dora the Explore with Sara and Daddy...Which brings up the point of his name..."Buddy" has now been renamed "Boots"

Boots exploring the backyard for the first time...

Blessings Kelsie

Sharing for:
Show and Tell Friday @ http://romantichome.blogspot.com
Farm Girl Friday @ http://www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/
Farm Photo Friday @ http://farmchickskitchen.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

On Crooked Creek said...

Kelsie,
Amazing!!! after reading the ad...I thought " Boots " would make a cute name...especially because you and 'lil Sara wear boots often in your gardening! I adore the name.
Another thing about those goats Dad got us when we were little. My sisters jumped in the bathtub with her!!! How funny is that? Somehow...my MoMa didn't think so, either!
Fondly,
Pat
P.S. Any idea who opened the screen door and let the goat in the house? Let's just say I relate often to 'lil Sara!

Anonymous said...

He is so CuTe! I am sure we will be hearing more about "Boots"! :)

Unknown said...

Now you have two cute " kids "!!!
Have fun!
Deb

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Hello fellow Floridian! This is my first time visiting you, I believe. Popping over from Show & Tell Friday.

Awwww...how cute! I've been told we need a goat or two for our farm but I'm not buying it...yet. :)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is so sooo cute...love your 'kids'..and I'm going to share this with my little kids:)
Thanks for sharing:)
Hope to see you on my blog!

Teresa said...

Adorable little kids!

Millie said...

He is a very handsome young fellow! I would be shirking my job as a nanny goat if I didn't tell you that you really should get a friend for Boots. We goats are very social and don't like to be without other caprine company.

Kateri said...

Aww, so cute! Growing up we hand kid goats in our house every spring. One of my favorite memories of growing up on a homestead.

Karen said...

Awwww, they are so cute together, Sara looks like she's having the time of her life! Looking forward to seeing the two of them bond and grow.

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

This is adorable! What a great experience to get to have as a child! A goat as a buddy!

rosie said...

Kelsie, Sara and Boots are going to have so much fun together.. My daughter raised an angora goat, bottle fed him for twelve months. He used to come inside too and watch telly while sitting on her lap.. He lived for fifteen years, and was the best pet..

Darla said...

How cute!!

~Kristin~ said...

We did baby goats lat year, too!
So much fun!
Super cute pictures!!!

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

A goat! Yowsers! Sounds like fun, though! :) especially if you aren't afraid to touch animals, like me. :)

Decor To Adore said...

I am visiting via Romantic Homes.

What a wonderful goat. Too cute Boots!

Have a happy weekend!

Candy C. said...

Boots is a very handsome little guy and Sara looks like she is enjoying him immensely!

Glimpses of Glory said...

Oh, what fun!
Lots of good photo opportunities!

glimpsesofglory-karen.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh how adorable!

Alana Jo said...

What a little cutie!!! Both of them.

gena said...

Sooooo cute ! Looks like Boots has a buddy for life !

thanks for sharing the adorableness !

gena

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Boots is absolutely adorable and so is Sara. I look forward to reading more about your adventures with Boots. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Pam Kessler said...

He is too darn cute! I am picturing him in the living room watching TV. Hoping he's potty trained soon.