Friday, March 18, 2011

Because you asked for it....

More photos of the wisteria that grows beyond wild here...Also a challenge of sorts...We have been searching for a name for our little wanna be farm, and while walking around enjoying all the Wisteria the other morning we thought it would be a cool idea to incorporate Wisteria into the name...Well since there is already a a Wisteria Lane, we figured we would need to come up with something else...So anyone out there got any suggestions?

Wisteria in front of old barn....

Hanging over the entrance to "Pear Tree Lane"...Named because of the 7 pear trees either side of the pathway that links one side of the property to the other...
Sadly it has all but choked this old cedar tree to death...


The next two photos were taken from across the road in front of the property
The shed you can see is an old well house...

More wisteria in the trees...

Some of the herb seedlings I re-potted a week or so ago...They are coming along nicely...
These are the pepper plants...glad to say they have regrown the leaves the chickens ate..

My onions are doing well...maybe about a week and they will go out the back in the ground...

More of the herbs and also my heirloom tomato plants waiting for me to build the raised bed in the front yard for them and our other heirloom plants...Want to keep them separated from the other plants so we don't get cross pollination from the hybrids.

As you can see we recycle all our old plant pots around here...that is very obviously not strawberries in the pots with the pics of the strawberries on them lol.

Maybe by next week I will have something worth showing from out in field behind the house, where we have planted some of our seedlings with the melons.

Blessings Kelsie

Joining the following parties this week:
Farm Friendly Friday @ http://www.verdefarm.com/
Cottage Flora Thursday’s @ http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com
Flaunt Your Flowers / Fertilizer Friday @ http://www.tootsietime.com/
Show and Tell Friday @ http://romantichome.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Wisteria Acres, W. Farm, W. Cottage, W. Meadow....something will fit. :)

Barb

Darla said...

I thought of Wisteria Cottage right away. Wisteria Fields is cute too. Wisteria Way......Your area is so pretty. Drop by and see the White Wisteria I posted today, the scent is intoxicating when you drive by...it's downtown.

Darla said...

Oh, oh I thought of Wisteria Country...

farmer said...

Wild Wisteria Homestead.

Unknown said...

hermosas imagenes, feliz fin de semana, besos, mely

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I have to agree that I like the name Wisteria Cottage the best. This is such an amazing plant. The town of Sierra Madre in California has a Wisteria Festival every year, it is named after the huge vine that covers several blocks of houses ~ like yours it is beautiful when it blooms...but so agressive!

Verde Farm said...

The wisteria is gorgeous. I just love it but it can choke out trees as you show your cedar. That happened to us here and we had to take it out. Our wisteria was white and I so miss it. There is nothing prettier if you ask me. How about Wisteria Farm, Wisteria Way, Wandering Wisteria Cottage, Wisteria Trail, Wisteria Homestead. :)

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

How fortunate you are to have so many wisteria growing on your plot. So lovely.

Lynn said...

Wondering Wisteria Farm.
Happy Spring:@)

DELiciousDesignz said...

Wish...teria
A little play on the word but it is all you wished for

Tootsie said...

well....I think you shared this to taunt me! I LOVE wisteria...and have been struggling to keep one small plant alive in my greenhouse for two years now....it won't thrive outside here...and I just desperately want one!!!! so...I will be jealous...and live vicariously through you I guess...sniff sniff...
lol
have a great weekend..thanks for linking in!

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

It's so beautiful and your photos are breathtaking. I had no idea until I read this that it could actually be harmful to the trees?

Teresa said...

I was thinking Wisteria Acres as well. Beautiful pictures!

dkshopgirl said...

Wisteria Estates? Hmmm might sound too much like a wine label?

Looks great anyway - should do a series of drawings from your photographs - lovely ! I also appreciate you leaving a note on Maddablings blog for me the other day - lovely :-)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Wisteria Way, Weeping Wisteria Farm...:)JP

Bernideen said...

Are you ready to paint the house lavender? Wisteria Cottage!