Sunday, January 9, 2011

Showing the love...

Today we had a guest speaker at church and got to see the amazing work he and his wife are doing as they plant a new church Montana..

But the main focus of his sermon today was love and the commitment we need to make to share and show our love to others..

He shared testimony from his own life about how this is not always easy and sometimes it down right hurts to open up and love.

BUT without love we labor for nothing.

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.


It is also not enough to say "I love you" we need to invest and show with our actions that we LOVE..Now that part really spoke to me...

Often I forget to show my family how much I love them...and I don't mean show them with the everyday stuff, like cooking for them, picking up after them or running errands for them, because lets face it, for kids and husbands the small subtleties in life go unseen most of the time...So I need to SHOW them I love them in other ways...

Then a little voice asked me,

When was the last time you took an entire day just to talk with your teenager, took her out for coffee and just hung out...Piled the little one into the car and took her to the park "just because"...Stopped in the middle of what you are doing to say "Thank you Lord for today"

So I am going to work on showing the love, starting with my family...

Blessings Kelsie

Keeping with today's theme, the photo is of the lovely welcome gift basket I received from my new Church today...and yes, it makes me feel both welcome and loved.

No comments: