Friday, January 21, 2011

Country Crystal and Library Visit

It is a damp and dismal day in Levy county today, a day just asking for a warm glow and some sparkle to be added...

So a broke out my favorite Country Crystal AKA Mason Jars, add some water and tea candles...

Instant sparkle as the flames dance and reflect off of the glass and water...Added bonus, they also reflect off of the black granite counter top...

We originally had a play date at the park planned for today but with such yucky weather it was postponed..So instead I took lil Sara to the library to fill our morning and also inquire about a toddlers reading group...and was delighted to find they are running a Preschooler's (2 -4 yrs) program each Thursday until the end of March...this should help keep lil Sara entertained while we wait for her to get into the Early Head Start program (she is currently on the waiting list)...She will love it if today was anything to go by, she had so much fun in the kiddie area, with all the jigsaws, books and teddy bears...Plus one of the girls that works there entertained her a little so I could go grab me a book too.

I checked out Emma by Jane Austin after seeing this on so many bloggers reading lists...I can't wait for nap time to get started on it...This was the first time I have stepped foot inside a library in years...It was nice to be back in the land of books again...

Blesssings Kelsie

2 comments:

stefanie said...

that is the finest crystal ever!!!!

On Crooked Creek said...

Kelsie,
What a beautiful glow is cast off by your lights in the water and "crystal"! Cleaver idea, my lady, indeed!
I was thrilled you took lil Sara to the library. I hope you continue and make it a weekly or at least a bi~monthly visit. I was the Children's librarian in our small home town for 10 years. Loved implementing the programs and watching the children's interest change over the years! Several have now become teachers... and one a librarian. . .named Sarah!
Enjoy your book, dear. Embrace the textile feel of the paper and the written words. I fear that in the very near future they will be a "thing of the past". . .sadly so!
Fondly,
Pat