Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Settling into our new home...

I can't believe it has been 3weeks since my last post...As it always does, moving and settling in has taken longer than I had hoped it would...I had grand dreams that I would be finished by now and just adding tiny touches to the interior decorating....Oh I am so silly and optimistic...I do not even have curtains in the living room yet lol.

So besides moving furniture and packing and unpacking boxes we have started working on some wonderful new memories in the new house.

Here is Sara taking her first nap in the new house.
It is hard work being this cute and getting underfoot :)

We were so happy that Mic was able to leave for Prom from here,
even if we did only slide in by 3 days....Doesn't she look gorgeous..

We have also had a couple of award nights at the school...She made A/B Honor roll for the entire Senior Yr....Last night was Band awards and she received her Senior Plaque, her pin and School Letter....Tonight will be the last time the seniors perform with the School Band..

Only 10days till Graduation night.

These next couple of pictures were taken thru the glass from the back door and the quality is pretty bad....But I had to share....The other morning while making coffee I looked up and saw 6 turkeys making their way across the hay field...it was 5 hens and a gobbler, as you can see he was putting on quite a show for his ladies with his tail all sprayed out.

This picture gives you an idea just how far from the house they actually were....Sadly I have not seen them again since, I am hoping it is just a timing thing and that they stay on the property so come Turkey Season they will not end up in someones freezer.


Only 4 days left until Mum and Aunt Nina arrive to visit with us from Australia...I can't wait...Though I hope they don't get to bored out here in the sticks.

Kelsie

PS: As I have time and feel inspired I will do a room by room review of the house (and the contractors work) now we are living in it.

No comments: