Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making selections....

As you can see by today's picture the roof decking and gables are done...Tomorrow we get inspected and the "nail count" done...Soon as it passes, the roof will be felted and the house wrapped with it's moisture barrier...then I am hoping by the end of the week to see some windows go in.

Also today we had to pick the shingle color and the exterior doors...The back doors were easy, the front door a little harder...but what I am really stuck on is, what color do I want the front door?...Since we are going with a white house with white trim, black roof, I am thinking the front door would be a good place to add a little punch of color, but am I brave enough to go red?....David wants black to match the shingles and the guttering when we put it on...On the upside if we hate the door color it will not take much to paint over it again.

No comments: