Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sharing the vision - Floor Plan and Rendering

I have had a few inquiries about the style of house etc, so figures I would share a colored rendering of the front of our "little cottage" and the floor plan with yall...
Don't forget you can click on either image to see enlargements of them.

We want to stay true to the area in which we live and also to the family history on the property, so lacking a real photograph of the original homestead, we are going for a Florida Cracker/Cottage Style home, with white on white finish and a porch with railing.

As you can see from the floor plan, it is a 3x2 with open concept living area. it is just shy of 1800 square feet...a little over if you include the porch. The "Den" is going to be my doll/work space with french doors opening into the family room, allowing me to keep an eye on Sara while I work...The rectangle in the family room is a ceiling tray which I love, help to marry the old and the new style features together...the french doors off of the dining will give us a gorgeous view of the open fields behind the house and the wonderful sunsets we are blessed with here in Florida.

No comments: