Saturday, May 21, 2011

Antique German Doll

Meet Suzy - She is from Germany and was born in somewhere between 1890 to the 1900's...She has spent most of her life living within about a 3 mile radius of here and has been a companion to 3 little girls, who grew up and passed her along to the next one...

This is how she arrived at my studio earlier this week
Markings at the back of her head - Germany 136 5

I have been given the honor of redressing her for her current companion, my 85+yr old neighbor who is the "3rd little girl" to have her...

Yesterday I finished the foundation of her new dress, now just have to add the hand detailing and make her under skirts...If I am lucky I will get a little time this weekend, if not, Monday for sure.
..Then I will be back to share photos of the end result, as well as those I have taken along the way...My goal..To make an old lady cry *grin*

Blessings Kelsie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking Good. I'm going to show this to my wife. She will love it!

Thanks for sharing :-)

~Ron

Debbie @ Swampbilly Ranch said...

She's beautiful. I'm sure she will be dressed to the nines when you are done with her.

dkshopgirl said...

wow - can't wait to see the result!