Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Purpose Driven Life

My church is currently doing a "40 Days of Purpose" program inspired by the book by Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life.

I am a little behind on my reading after lil Sara and myself being sick, but have already received so many little gems of knowledge and insight from the first 6 day chapters...I would encourage anyone, Christian or not to pick up a copy and give it a read...Read it with an open mind and heart..

On day three I read the following which really spoke to me on a personal level...

"Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. It defines what you do and what you don't do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't."...then it goes on to say "People who don't know their purpose try to do to much - and that causes stress, fatigue, and conflict."

This has totally been me lately...I am culling back and refocusing...I like the idea of a simplified life lead by God and his purpose for me.

So with that said, I am off to try and get my chapters caught up before tonight's study group...Hope you are all having a wonderfully blessed week.

Kelsie

3 comments:

farmer said...

I like that.
Thanks for sharing, I will look into the book :)

On Crooked Creek said...

Kelsie,
Our entire church did this in small group studies throughout peoples homes in the community. "Mr. Ed" and I opened On Crooked Creek for a small group on Monday evenings! I had a co~worker from a different faith and church come. Amazing the empowerment you'll recieve from this study and discussion! I have one copy in the living room, one copy in the office. It's still a great read! It's also available on CD at our local Wal~ Mart. If you have to commute you can listen along the way! Thanks for sharing...I'll be looking for updates on your journey!
Fondly,
Pat

Carol said...

It is a awesome study to do.

love Carol