Sunday, December 5, 2010

Working on my heart...A rough morning

This morning started much too early with a Lil Sara waking me before the rooster was even crowing...She then proceeded to demand we get out of bed though it was barely 5am...I made her a yogurt smoothie, gave her a pop tart and turned on the TV to NickJR because it was quite apparent she was up for the morning...

I made me a coffee and sat down at the laptop to check on my email and auctions, AND then stupidly decided since she is occupied I would try and get a little work done and add the new auction listings to my doll website and update the front page, since I was too tired last night by the time she finally settled down to sleep...

This worked for awhile, until the shows she likes watching ended and that was her cue to come harass me...Mummy...Mummy...Mummy MUMMY COME 'ERE!!..Mummy...Mummy...Mummy...You all know the chant...It ground and ground on my nerves and since by this time it was after 7am, I was hoping hubby would take sympathy on me and get up and take care over...After all I am having that "monthly" trouble and to boot had tummy trouble last night and spent much of my evening in the bathroom (the other reason the work did not get finished lastnight)...OK that is probably TMI but you need to understand my frame of mind...SO, alas my Knight in shinning armor does not rouse from his warm comfortable bed until the child has hit me with her guitar numerous times, got on my lap to "help"...pushed buttons (mine and the laptops)...got down again...then up again...then up again...and finally I exploded for him to get out here and take this child away before I do something I shouldn't....when oh when will I learn NOT to try and get work done while the child is awake.

So by the time he leaves for work I am pretty sure I am can't be bothered going to church...Today the children's church choir is doing their Christmas program...arg...the last thing I want to see today is more children...BUT I pushed thru this mood and get a quick shower, dress myself in jeans, sweater and sneakers...Sara to match...It was cold this morning and I was in no fit frame of mind to mess with stockings and matching jackets and shoes and dresses and hair and make-up...God does not care how I dress as long as I get there..right?...I then load into the car Sara, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and her singing teapot because she insisted they must come too...another arg...I will just leave them in the car when we get to church...

HAHAHA, no the teapot had to come inside too...but I did convince her to at least turn it off ...and shoved it into my purse...because there is not enough in there already....

So we get inside and after a little bit I see Miss Lucille and ask if she minds if we sit with her today because I know when her Husband Jr comes in, Sara will want to see him...So we settle into our seats...I am dreading the service since Sara has NEVER sat thru one before, and the last "show" we saw was an awards ceremony for her sister and I missed 80% of it walking her around outside...

FINALLY the service starts and we sing Christmas Carols...about halfway thru the first one I am about to die...laughing that is...Sara is singing at the top of her lungs...but of course she does not know the words because she does not speak english that well...it is just her Sara babble, but very VERY loud and to the beat of the music...by the 2nd song the ppl around me are giggling too...

The childrens program was wonderful and Sara enjoyed ever moment of it, right up until she fell asleep near the end...I managed to get her to the car and home into bed without waking her...

I am so glad I pushed thru the mood this morning and went...I feel much better for it and know that God is working in my heart to help me curb my temper and teach me patience...One major thing also, a month ago I would have jump at the excuses to stay home today instead of pushing thru...Praise the Lord for working in me today.

Blessings Kelsie

PS: I had planned to give yall a Christmas Tour today, but have yet to face editing the photos...So the above image is a taste of what is to come later...BUT for now I am going to get a cup of coffee and take 5 minutes to breath before I have to put the pot roast on and/or the wee one awakes again.

3 comments:

Kari said...

You know, my morning didn't start as early as yours, but my heart was just as frustrated. I left the house feeling bitter and angry toward my oldest, irritated and frustrated with the husband, and the younger two boys got a short, snippy mom to deal with.

Thank the Lord the message he gave the pastor was custom made to reach straight to my heart. I'm not sure if anyone else got anything to the message because the pastor was speaking directly to me and my heart issues the whole service. Convicting, painful, and a blessing all in one.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just popped by to thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, it means so much. I enjoyed my visit here too!

Have a great week!

Abby:)

ain't for city gals said...

Been there..done that...it does get better! Hang in there...