Thursday, September 2, 2010

Finding Inspiration at Downtown Disney...

Yesterday we took a day trip to Downtown Disney Orlando...It was one of the best visits we have had. The summer tourist season is winding down so it was not crazy busy. We got to see some stores we have never ventured into before and just had a lovely relaxing time.

I was super excited to see all new Alice In Wonderland merchandise using the traditional cartoon Alice on display...This had been much lacking recently due to the new Tim Burton movie coming out...Don't get me wrong, I love TB's work and was very excited he was doing Alice, in this house we love all things Tea party and Alice, but especially the traditional Disney Alice.


How wonderful are these Alice inspired window displays...They combined the new and the old , the classic with a twist of modern in true Disney style. I found them at Trends...Everything about this store is so fun and girlie and oh how I could spend so much money there.


It was terribly hard to photograph the window because of the time of day, but I wanted to capture what I could since we were about to leave for home.


I love the white on white and the super long tutu...I would "die" to have a full size white mannequin (though no idea where she would be kept lol)...I think I need to use my own white tea set and one of my 16inch dolls to do a photoshoot om-age to this window display *adds this to long "I want to do" list*


This other window was so fun with the big chess pieces....I am thinking I need to find a place in the garden for a giant chess set :)

And of course no visit to Downtown Disney is complete unless Sara gets to visit the ponies at least twice...This was my favorite still photo of her and Daddy...I also uploaded the short clip below to Youtube...And yes I want a carousel horse for my garden also :)

1 comment:

Mikey Fuller said...

I found your blog through a referal link! Thanks for adding me to your sidebar! I am now a follower of your blog (sorry for the delay...) and if all goes correctly, you will appear in my sidebar! I love Alice in Wonderland!!! That is still one of my favorite books! The Tim Burton film stays very true to the Poem, Jabberwocky, from Through the Looking Glass..." 'Twas Brillig, and the slithy toves did gire and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borrowgoves and the momeraths outgrabe. Beware the Jabberwock my son, with jaws that bite, and teeth that catch, beware the Jubjub bird and shun the frumrious Bandersnatch. One two, one two and through and through, the vorpal blade went sincker-snackHe took his vorpal sword in had, long time the maxome foe he fought. So rested he in the Tumtum tree and stood a while in thought... and so on and so forth, I'm tired, and That's all I can do from memory right now......Check it out if your not familiar....